AnuSriram
Ingredients:
  • Coconut - 1 cup shredded
  • Mint leaves - 1 cup
  • Corrainder leaves - 1 cup
  • Curry leaves - few
  • Green Chillies - 3 or 4
  • Urad Dal - 1 tbsp
  • Channa Dal - 1 tbsp
  • Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Tamarind - size of a quarter
  • Salt - as required
  • Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Red chillies - 1 or 2
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
How to make it:

Wash mint leaves and corriander leaves thoroughly in water and take out the stem. Heat oil in a pan, add the urad Dal and channa Dal and fry until light brown. Switch off the stove. Add green chillies, mint leaves, corriander leaves and few curry leaves immediately. (the leaves turns dark in seconds). Let it cool. Grind with coconut, asafoetida, salt and tamarind. Heat oil in a pan, add few mustard seeds and red chillies and when it splutters, add few curry leaves and pour it over the chutney. Mix well. Goes good with dosa, idli or plain rice.


This goes to Ramya for her Chutney/Dip Mania Event

Labels: edit post
23 Responses
  1. FH Says:

    I LOVE that chutney bowl, must be from India. Beautiful and colorful chutney with Mint, well done. Have a great V day! :))


  2. indosungod Says:

    Love mint chutney be it with idli, rice or dosai. My mom always added a bit of coriander leaves so I do the same.


  3. Archy Says:

    Lovely color of the chutney Anu.. love mint chuntey with any thiing !!


  4. Cham Says:

    He he Like Asha I am eyeing on ur bowl, what a pretty color chutney u got it! Fragrant one!


  5. Deepa Hari Says:

    Chutney looks beautiful....love the color.


  6. Malar Gandhi Says:

    I like ur cute chutney bowl, nice to see traditional vessels. Mint chutney is good for health too...


  7. Manju Says:

    love that bowl...and the chutney is very colourful!!


  8. Vibaas Says:

    looks yummy, anu. coconut has given it a nicer shade :)


  9. Yasmeen Says:

    Love the color:)
    Please trail back to my blog for a Token of gratitude


  10. suvi Says:

    lovely green there anu! I love mint chutney with bread and butter.


  11. Looks colorful Anu..Even I like the bowl..


  12. Priya Suresh Says:

    Lovely mint chutney, beautiful bowl:)


  13. Finla Says:

    Wow the chutney looks so yumm.
    I love the colour too.
    Delicious.


  14. Swapna Says:

    I love this chutney..... Even this chutney leftover is next day sandwich.... love this... neat presentation.



  15. gtyuk Says:

    looks so fresh and minty! beautiful colour; will be delicious with samossas too! yummy!


  16. vidhas Says:

    Lovely chutney, colour, bowl etc. Somethign lovely is wating for ayou.


  17. AnuSriram Says:

    Thank you all for your lovely comments... The bowl is from India! :-)
    Thanks Yasmeen and Vidhas for passing me the awards... I feel honoured.


  18. Anonymous Says:

    My mom's mint chutney recipe is smilar to this too... I just love it.. :)


  19. Usha Says:

    Mint chutney looks delicious, lovely color and like the others I loved the container too :-)


  20. I want it right now with some Dosa Anu..yummmmmmmm..:)


  21. Uma Says:

    lovely chutney! looks so colorful and yummy.


  22. Laavanya Says:

    What a beautiful colour.. my MIL makes it similarly. Yummy.