AnuSriram
Ingredients:
  • Rice flour or Puttu flour - 1 cup
  • Shredded Coconut - 3/4 cup
  • Sugar - 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
  • Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Cashews and Almonds - 1 tbsp fried in ghee
  • Water - up to 1/4 cup




How to make it:

Mix rice flour and sugar together. Add the shredded coconut and cardamom powder. Sprinkle some water and mix it well. Still it should remain a powder. Now using a spoon fill the Puttu maker with the flour. Do not press too much. Let it be little loose so that the steam can pass through. Steam for 5-7 minutes. Let it cool for a while. Take it out slowly. Decorate with cashews and almonds fried in ghee. A nice and easy evening snack.





Sripriya of Srikars Kitchen passed this award to me. Thank you Priya. Its gr8! I would like to pass it on to Kalai and Vanamala.

9 Responses
  1. Finla Says:

    I love puttu. Always had the plain puttu with coconut.
    Adding nuts to it is really a clever idea


  2. Unknown Says:

    Welcome back.. I love puttu.. nice entry... looks delicious.. nice click as well..


  3. Sangeeth Says:

    congrats on your award and where did u get this puttu maker yaar? i badly need one...do we get in the US?


  4. AnuSriram Says:

    Happy cook,I thought it would be plain just with coconut. So added these nuts..
    Thanks priya..
    I got this frm India this time.. I was looking for this here and could not find one.


  5. thats cool thank you so much Anu


  6. Usha Says:

    Hi this is the first time to your blog...you have a wonderful space here...the puttu looks yummy...the puttu maker is very nice..wish I had bought it in India when I last visited...also congrats on reaching your milestone too :)


  7. Uma Says:

    good to see you back Anu! puttu looks so good. Congrats on the award.


  8. jayasree Says:

    Puttu has come out well. I like to add sugar to the normal puttu. Your idea to add to the flour is good.


  9. Unknown Says:

    we are the manufacturer of that puttu kudam which you have displayed in the blog. thank you madame.
    i would be glad to hear a few comments about my product from you
    mail me back.

    waiting for your esteemed comments
    with regards
    sv industries