AnuSriram
Ingredients:
  • Taro Root - 1 lb
  • Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
  • Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
  • Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Curry Leaves - few
  • Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - as required
How to make it:

Pressure cook Taro root. Once done, Put it in cold water for about 15 minutes. Peel off the skin and cut into pieces. Take the pieces in a bowl (with a lid), add corn flour, rice flour, chilli powder, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder and salt. Close it with the lid and shake it lightly until it gets evenly coated. Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and when it splutters, add the urad dhal and curry leaves. Add the taro root and cook on low flame. After every five minutes turn it to the other side so that it gets cooked evenly. Add a teaspoon of oil every time your turn it to the other side (if desired). Cook until done.



I'm sending this recipe to FIC: YELLOW hosted by Sunshinemom.



Sudeshna and Sriharivatsan passed me this Lemonade Award... Feeling so Cool and Refreshed! Thank you so much...



I would like to pass it to Srikar's kitchen, Mrs.Kannan and Shama Nagarajan
Congrats Dears!

Labels: edit post
23 Responses
  1. FH Says:

    I have never tasted this arbi, looks great, like a potato fry!:))


  2. suvi Says:

    After sweet potato, you post arbi...I love them both!! And this arbi is looking yum, must try it :)


  3. I have never added corn flour and rice flour while making arbi fry, sounds delicious as it looks...should try this one soon :)


  4. Mrs.Kannan Says:

    Thanks alot for the award Anu...Amma always add rice flour in all kinds of fries...just a month back i started adding corn flour in potato fry...Yours looks yummy.


  5. Wow....chepankizhangu roast is the best i can think of wen it comes sunday special lunch.Yummy!


  6. taro root fry is my most favourite....lovely.....i too hv posted it earlier with dal in lunch box combo....Congrats dear for ur award..thank you dear for passing it to me.....it means a lot to me.......rush ur entries for kids friendly crafts event.......


  7. Cham Says:

    My fav fry should taste heaven with rasam rice!


  8. Sunshinemom Says:

    This is slightly different from how I make it. I do not use cornflour! Looks very tasty! Thanks for participating in FIC, dear!!


  9. anudivya Says:

    This is one of my all time favs. And I love it fried when I have them.


  10. Raks Says:

    My and my son's favorite,love this coz of its simplicity and great taste:)


  11. vidhas Says:

    We also make arbi. But I have not tried corn flour. i think it will make more crispy. surely will give a try.


  12. Finla Says:

    This looks so yummy delicious.
    Love the colour too.


  13. Arbi fry is my fav..Looks delicious.I add rice flour in all kinds of fries..corn flour is new to me will try.. Congrats on your award:)


  14. Vijitha Says:

    Lovely looking arbi! yummy!perfect for Harini's event.


  15. Looking yummy..I love it to have with morkuzhambu..Adding corn flour is new to me also..Will make a try definitely..


  16. Usha Says:

    The chepang kizhangu fry looks perfect, have heard of adding rice flour but never corn flour, does it make the curry more crisp ?


  17. Neva knew you started a food blog..All the best..:)
    Arbi is my fav..Nice reccipe..:)


  18. Not for publishing:

    Is it so??I noticed ur mom's club blog only till date..Sorry dr..:)


  19. AnuSriram Says:

    Thankyou all for your time in visiting my blog and leaving those lovely comments...

    Yes Usha, Adding corn flour makes it crisp!


  20. Kalai Says:

    Mmmmm... Looks so crispy and yummy! Congrats on the award, dear girl! :)


  21. love the taro roots...good to know arbi is also known that!

    lovely n easy recipe


  22. Priya Suresh Says:

    This is my favourite one..my mom used to prepare this..looks delicious Anu..


  23. Preety Says:

    loved the recipe will surely give it a try