AnuSriram

Ingredients:
  • Rice flour - 1 1/2 cups
  • Besan - 1/4 cup
  • Moong Flour - 1/4 cup
  • Urad Flour - 1 tsp
  • Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
  • Salt - as required
  • Asafoetida - 1 tsp
  • Ajwain seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
  • Water - for kneading
  • Oil - for frying
  • Plastic sheet or wax paper

How to make it:

Dry roast moong dal until it turns light brown and grind into a fine powder. Dry roast rice flour and besan until warm ( do not over heat). Let it cool. Heat oil in a deep bottom pan. In a bowl, mix all the flour, chilli powder, salt, ajwain and asafoetida. Add water and knead into a soft dough. Add few tbsp of hot oil while kneading. This gives a crispier snack. Take a ball of dough and fill the mould with a single star plate. Lay a wax paper or a greased plastic sheet. Press the handle of the mould and slowly make the desired shape. Drop into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Take onto a paper towel to drain excess oil. You can even directly press the dough into the oil ( no proper shape in this case, but the taste is same :) ) Enjoy!


Lata Raja of Flavours and Tastes has awarded me with "One Lovely Blog" award... I feel flattered! Thanks Lata for passing me this beautiful award. I have updated that in my Index page.

Labels: edit post
33 Responses
  1. Indian Khana Says:

    Umm..just the best to munch during this weekend now..looks so gud and your pizza is so tempting....just wow


  2. Priya Suresh Says:

    Feel like munching few murukku rite now..so tempting!


  3. wow.. yummy murukku.. looks mouthwatering.


  4. Nithya Says:

    Nice crispy muruku.. :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Murukku looks crispy and yum..I love this..addition of moongflour looks unique..Thanks anu


  6. Vrinda Says:

    Murukku cameout perfect..crunchy and yummy...


  7. Suparna Says:

    hi Anu,
    I love coming to ur blog :) it's so beautiful :) and on top of that u have such tempting recipes, chakli made of so many nutritious ingredients wow! so yummm...
    Enjoy!
    TC


  8. yummy snack...my fav...looks perfect and crispy


  9. yummy murukku... I love eating it... Scared to make it though...


  10. Anu Says:

    Crispy yummy muruku... rombo tempt panringa... :(


  11. Unknown Says:

    I want to try making this. I have to try and locate the press to make it.


  12. I love these types of murruku...congrats on your award :)



  13. Parita Says:

    thats my alltime fav munching! i used help my mom all the time in making these!


  14. Srilakshmi Says:

    I love these! I was planning to get these in a parcel from India - too lazy to make them :-D.. Great job with the Murukku..


  15. Recipeswap Says:

    Congrats on the award.Nice crunchy chaklis.


  16. Anonymous Says:

    Murukku looks perfect and crispy ...lke those we buy frm markets...


  17. vidhas Says:

    murrukku looks perfect and crispy. Wish to have some :-)


  18. Usha Says:

    Looks crunchy and yum ! Wish I could taste some :-)


  19. lubnakarim06 Says:

    Oh ow looks crispy and yum....


  20. Vibaas Says:

    murukku looks tempting :)


  21. Unknown Says:

    Hi Anu, you have posted my most favorite snack :) I am crazy about chakli, i can finish a store bought packet within no time lol.


  22. Perfect snack for tea time:).


  23. Srilakshmi Says:

    I have an award for you waiting in my blog! Please collect!


  24. Priya Suresh Says:

    Hi Anu, pls collect the kreativ blogger from my blog..

    http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/scrambled-eggs-n-broccoli-sandwich.html




  25. Malini Basu Says:

    yummy murukku Anu...do chk my last post for a set of awards to u...


  26. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Anu,

    Murukku looks yummy and crisp.


  27. looks yummy dear
    do check my chegodilu as well .. if u get a chance


  28. Vijitha Says:

    Superb murukka anu! U got the shape well. Awesome job!


  29. Hi,

    Nice tips how to make murukku.


  30. Blogger Says:

    Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and make dollars from every click on your short links.