AnuSriram

When i saw these at Malar's place sometime back, I remembered my childhood days when my mom used to make these kind of ladoos. Those were the days..... we used to run if mom gives these kind of stuffs for us to eat, along with a big lecture to make us believe it is healthy (Just like what i'm doing with my kid now!! :D). Now, i would say this is one kind of the yummiest!
The health mix, as the name says, is the mixture of many healthy ingredients such as ragi, bajra, maize, jower, wheat, fried gram, rice, green gram, barley, sago, cardamom, soya, cashews and almonds.
I had some packets of Manna Health Mix in my pantry, which i use less often for making Kanji. So, i made these ladoos with lot of nice flavours in it. The result was Awesome! The ladoos came out so yummy and was gone in minutes.

Here is the recipe...

Mom's recipe - Mix together Health mix, powdered jaggery, shredded coconut and cardamom powder together. Sprinkle water or milk and make balls out of it.

My version is here--

Ingredients:
  • Manna health mix - 1 cup
  • Sugar - 1/4 cup
  • Honey - 1 tbsp
  • Coconut milk powder - 1 tbsp
  • MTR Badam mix - 1 tbsp
  • Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Sliced almonds, Raisins, craisins, chopped dates - 1/2 cup
  • Milk or water - as required
How to make it:
Mix all the ingredients together. Sprinkle little water or milk and make equally sized balls out of it.



Labels: edit post
17 Responses
  1. Priya Suresh Says:

    Healthy ladoos to enjoy without any guilt..yumm!


  2. Laddoos look very tasty Anu....good one :)



  3. Finla Says:

    They look beautiful.


  4. Dershana Says:

    the idea of adding badam mix and coconut milk powder is so novel, anu!


  5. Cham Says:

    Super easy and healthy ladoo Anu!


  6. anudivya Says:

    Never heard of Manna health mix before. It sounds like something I would love to have in my pantry. Nice laddus.


  7. anudivya Says:

    Never heard of Manna health mix before. It sounds like something I would love to have in my pantry. Nice laddus.


  8. anudivya Says:

    Never heard of Manna health mix before. It sounds like something I would love to have in my pantry. Nice laddus.



  9. Unknown Says:

    Have the same mix. Will definitly try out!



  10. Usha Says:

    Healthy and delicious, love it !


  11. Richa Says:

    hey nice blog.....the ladoos r looking yummy.....keep up the good work..........visit my blog also

    http://www.richaskitchen.blogspot.com


  12. Simplyfood Says:

    Lovely healthy ladoos.My 1st visit here you have anice selection of recepes.Do drop by simplyfood sometime.


  13. Hephzi Says:

    Wow!! looks awesome and healthy too... Please read the review on Health mix in my blog at www.hephziskitchen.blospot.com


  14. Lion Dates Says:

    On health mix is a dietary supplement which aims to improve the health. The ingredients in the supplement are claimed to help improve the health, improve their digestion, increase their appetite, and reduce the amount of fat they accumulate. Lion Health Mix