AnuSriram



Beet bunch (Beet root with greens) is always a must buy item in my shopping list, whenever I visit the Farm Market. My farm market has them always fresh, that I buy beet root as a bunch and not loose. Apart from making curries and gravies using beet root, I also use the Beet greens in my dishes. I usually add beet greens with spinach in most of my cooking. This time I tried making this curry and believe me it was so good. Especially, adding black pepper to the curry gave a very good taste!

Coming to the recipe,

Ingredients:
  • Beet Greens - 1 bunch
  • Carrots - 3
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
  • Asafoetida - a pinch
Dry roast and grind:
  • Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
  • Corriander seeds - 1 tsp
  • Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
  • Red chillies - 2 or 3
How to make it:
Wash and chop beet greens. Chop carrots into small pieces. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add urad dal. Add carrots and cook until carrots are half done. Add the chopped beet greens, asafoetida and salt. Cook for 2 mins. Sprinkle some water if required. Add the ground powder and mix well.


10 Responses
  1. sathya Says:

    The curry looks delicious, love beet greens.


  2. Unknown Says:

    Love the colorful carrot beets combo!


  3. Unknown Says:

    Love the color and presentation.




  4. Its been a long time I visited this space..how r u?
    Nice colorful n yummy sabzi..


  5. Its been a long time I visited this space..how r u?
    Nice colorful n yummy sabzi..


  6. vidhas Says:

    Very colourfulm and healthy curry Anu. I also make kootu with beet greens, surely will try this.


  7. Unknown Says:

    I do make this kind of medleys and we love it - the combo or red, orange and green is quite unbeatable :)

    cheers,
    Priya

    Do stop by to check out my blog anniversary giveaways only 10 more days to participate :)
    http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/search/label/Blog%20Anniversary%20Giveaways%20on%20going